Forum Discussion

ManishaSharma-d
Community Member
3 hours ago

Articulate Rise 360 - editing files

Dear All, I am new to digital content design industry and recently started using Articulate tool.

I have some course created by previous developer in Rise 360 ( I can tell by looks and feel of the course)

I need to edit the existing course published on LMS for some updates but I can't find any source file on shared drive. Does rise not create any source file like storyline 360 ? I am not sure how to edit the existing course from  through Zip file downloaded from LMs?

Any advise will be appreciated

Thank you

• Hi ManishaSharma-d,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand you need to edit a Rise 360 course that was created by a previous developer. You can't make any edits to a published file, so you'll need to locate the original course. Unlike Storyline, Rise 360 courses will remain on the author's Articulate 360 dashboard, unless they delete them. 

Does the previous developer still have access to their Articulate 360 account? If so, they can follow these steps to look for the course:

1. Login to 360.articulate.com
    2. Select Rise 360 on the top ribbon, then search for the content
    3. Once edits are made, you can republish the course for LMS

If the original course author has left the team, it's possible their content was transferred to someone else on the team. The new owner would have received an email notification about the content that was transferred to them. They should also see a folder on their Rise 360 dashboard labeled with the original developer's name. In that folder, will be the content they created.

This is a lot of information, so please let me know if you have any questions! You can also reach out privately in a support case.

• Hello! This link might help to understand how Rise content is managed between account holders. https://help.rise.com/en/articles/3094142-manage-user-roles-and-permissions
    Do you know who your Rise account owner is? Rise subscriptions can have multiple admins but only one owner. The owner is the person who purchased your Rise subscription and the only one who has access to billing management. 

They should be able to have an oversight of all of the Admins for the subscription and can access any of the content another team member has created even though they have left the team. 

If you previous team members account is still open the content can be transferred over to you. 
    https://help.rise.com/en/articles/3120707-manage-content-when-users-leave-your-team 

• Hi,

1. There isn't any "offline" Rise 360 source file, it's not at all like *.story file created with Storyline.
    2. You can't edit the zip file (which is a SCORM file). -- Well, actually it’s technically possible if it’s for a very small modification, by directly editing the HTML file.