Forum Discussion

SonjaMoore-fff6
Community Member
4 years ago

Audio Error in Rise

I keep getting an error when trying to record audio to markers. This doesn't happen on my home laptop but only happens on my work laptop. I'm wondering if it's a firewall issue. I'm using Chrome and Windows. The microphone is functioning as I can see the levels change when I speak. These are 2 second clips of pronunciation. So, tiny files.

• Hi Sonja!

So sorry to hear that you're getting an error when recording audio in markers when using your work laptop.

• Does the same behavior happen in all browsers or just a particular browser? (Please check the list of our supported browsers here.)
    • Please go into Incognito mode (Ctrl-Shift-N) then access Rise while in Incognito. Is the behavior the same?
  • Hi Hazel,

I don't have access to Firefox. It happens in Chrome and Edge on the work laptop. I also tried in Incognito mode and received the same error. 

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Sonja!

So sorry to hear that it's still happening on your work computer. Please open up a case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can further assist you.

• Hi there. I reached out again to our IT department and we did a test by disabling ZScaler, which is a cloud security software package. The upload worked fine after it was disabled so they will attempt to whitelist rise.articulate.com so that I can upload the files with ZScaler enabled. Thanks for following up.

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Sonja!

That's great! You can also ask your network admin to open port 443 and add the domains in the following article to your organization's allowlist for your Articulate 360 apps to work properly.