Forum Discussion

Brian-Steers
Community Member
4 months ago

Audio files overlapping when revisiting a slide

I'm seeing some strange behavior with the audio in this file. Everything works fine until you revisit the second slide by clicking the previous button. Even though both audio files are separated in the timeline they will both play simultaneously. 

I'm using the latest x64 storyline version 3.88.32474.0  I always uninstall old versions before updating to the new ones.  

Brian-Steers
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same behavior with the rest of my project as well. Any slide that has multiple audio files will play them all at the same time if a slide is revisited. Must be something with the latest software update... 

• The issue seems to be happening even with just one audio file. We have this issue on a menu slide, with one audio and "resume saved state" option.

• Same issue here. I already opened a support case at Articulate and got the answer, that they have to analyze it deeper first. But it seems like a bug.

Mentioned Workaround: use "Stop Media Trigger when Timeline ends" for each audio file. (but this only works fine, if a user actually waits until timeline ends, before clicking the next button)

Best regards,
    Dietmar

• Experiencing the same issue. Wondering if anyone has tried setting the slide to "Reset to initial state" to see if that works.

I'm also having issues with the play/pause button throwing the audio out of sync. Wondering if that has anything to do with this issue.

• I've just encountered this same issue and prior to today, when I accessed the Storyline file, it was working correctly. Any update on this?

• @Julie doesn't seem like it. I'm currently spending extra time on an overdue project going back and combining all the separate audio files into one, and of course having to do the CC over again! I like and prefer using Articulate products, but my manager is getting fed up with all the issues that seem to directly affect our customers/learners, and we may have to look at other products.

• I have found a workaround that works for me by showing a new layer at the end of the timeline that contains the last state of the slide (copy) but has no audio tracks. Then the layer Option “Resume saved state” works as expected.

• The workarounds are great to fix the issue in the short term but I'm more concerned as to why the issue is happening when it worked correctly before. Will we need to continue to come up with workarounds??

JulieAult-0b86e
      Community Member

Interesting. It does appear it was corrected with today's update. Didn't receive any mention of a fix or update going out that would resolve the issue when I received a response from Articulate on my support ticket I submitted.