Forum Discussion

JeffRobedee
Community Member
4 months ago

Background Audio for Quiz

I have a question bank, have added the background music to the file, and then added a trigger on each slide in the question bank to play the playlist when the timeline starts on each slide, but hear nothing. The only other trigger is the submit true/false when the user clicks submit-- the default for a T/F quiz slide. 

I've tried even moving scenes, but SL360 either allows background audio to be toggled on, or off. 

I've also tried just having the quiz slides as standalone (not draw from question bank).

Any help would be appreciated.

• You shouldn't need a trigger to get the background audio to play, but I would try deleting that trigger, and then checking two other things. In the Insert --> Audio --> Background audio, make sure your playlist is checked (if it's set to No Background Audio like mine is in the attached screenshot, it won't play even if you have that trigger)

I would also check that you don't have it set to lower the background audio when the slide audio plays by too much:

Finally, I'd check Insert --> Audio --> Options and doublecheck that your playback is set to whatever speaker you want to hear audio from. Mine has a tendency to try and decide it wants to play from a microphone sometimes, which of course doesn't work. :) 

JeffRobedee
    Community Member

My problem was not putting a trigger on the 1st slide to stop the background audio. I received help from Articulate that solved it: 

1. Open the Variable Pane> Press the Built-In tab.
    2. Choose the variable Player.BackgroundAudioVolume and adjust it to 0. Click OK
    3. Slide 1.1 - Add a trigger that will Stop the media (Untitled Playlist) when the timeline starts on the slide.
    4. Slide 1.25 - Add a trigger that will set the variable Player.BackgroundAudioVolume to 100 when the timeline starts on the slide. Add another trigger that will play the media (Untitled Playlist) when the timeline starts on the slide.
    5. Slide 1.30 - Add a trigger that will Stop the media (Untitled Playlist) when the timeline starts on the slide.