Forum Discussion

BryanBowles
Community Member
24 days ago

Beginners Tutorial

Is there a true beginner's tutorial? I watched the webinar this morning "Getting Started with Rise 360" and I was trying to duplicate the steps on one screen while watching the webinar. It was kind of advanced training and way too fast of a presentation to allow the viewer to duplicate the motions. Some learners are hands on and learn through repetitive motions.

Maybe a tutorial with the basic for people that just started to try to use your product, that explains things like "what is a block" and how did the instructor get from one screen to the next. Slow down. Maybe 90 minutes instead of rushing through 60 minutes. When the instructor started to talk about the "Feedback" part of the training, I got lost. By the time I found the items to click on my screen, the instructor was on a completely different screen. 

Otherwise, I think the material was very helpful, just hard to keep up.

Thanks

• Hey Bryan,

Thanks for the feedback. The webinars are only an hour and as you noted not really designed as follow along training. We do offer all of the webinars as on-demand content where you can pause and practice at your own convenience.

I usually recommend that people add all of the blocks to a lesson and then play around with the settings. They're all mostly structured the same so once you understand one of the blocks, you can figure out the rest. 

If you have any questions, jump into the community and ask. We're always here to help.

SandraCurrin
    Community Member

I just watched the Difference Between Rise 360 and Storyline; it was great!  Thank you Tom.

SeanWolak
      Community Member

Honestly...Rise 360 is straightforward. Some things take a little time to master but even just clicking on things works. Its very easy to back out of something if you decide you don't like it. There was no training in videos when it first came out. (Nothing I ever found). I create a lot of Rise Courses for AAA for the clubs and contractors across the US. 

SandraCurrin
    Community Member

Brian, I agree!  I have been trying to master Rise 360 and feel far to lost to feel adequate. 

SeanWolak
    Community Member

Hi there Bryan. I remember when I first started to use Rise 360 I used the User Guides. 

Rise 360 User Guide | Articulate - Community

I think that you found the page since you watched the Getting Started webinar. 

I also found some good youtube channels that had some good content. I would search there. Im on my work computer and I can not access youtube, if was able I would post the pages I use. 

Forgot to mention https://training.articulate.com/videos has a lot of great help as well. 

SandraCurrin
      Community Member

Sean,

I am going to take your suggestions too. thanks