Forum Discussion

JenniferJack
Community Member
12 hours ago

Changes to Master Slide not reflected in course

Hey, all. My company and I changed our slide format from standard to wide, but this stretched the background image we used on our Master slides. Because I do not have that original image, I just pasted new, proportionate logos on top of the image used in the Master slides. However, I when I close the Master view, I am not seeing those changes reflected on my slides, even when I reset the layout. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks!

JHauglie
    Community Member

A likely reason is that you updated the image used in the Master ("parent"), but not the "layout" slides associated with that master slide. (When you look at the master slide view, the "layouts" are the slides that are all derived from the one master slide.) Or, if you did update the "layout" slides, you may not have updated the slides that were actually used to create the given slide that does not appear to be updating.

I would suggest that also you try to reapply the refreshed master to a given slide. See here for more information: Storyline 360: Using Slide Masters | Articulate - Community