Forum Discussion

EricaLindboe-ce
Community Member
3 hours ago

Choppy Slide Layers

When I show slide layers it's really choppy. It flashes the base layer between showing slide layers. How do I make it more of a smooth transition without a flashing base layer? 

• Glancing at the file, it looks like the flash/flicker is showing items that are placed on your master slide.

You can't easily hide these items from layers. 

You've also used a lot of layers, when one layer might be better to reveal the 6 items. That should elimate at least five of the flashes.

• I don't link the built in fade transition as it can do what Jonathan describes. Sometimes better to animate the objects rather than transition

• Are you working with more than one layer and moving between layers?

If so, the 'flash' might be because of different visibility settings on each layer. Even if the layers are set up to Hide Other Layers, there may still be a brief glimpse of a shape, image or object on the base layer If it is only hidden on one of the layers, but not hidden on the others. As each new layer loads, it's visibility settings supercede the last.

For this reason, care should be taken when using multiple layers and a consistent approach taken to which items on the base layer are visible from each of the other layers.