Forum Discussion

MichaelEtzel
Community Member
7 days ago

Content 360 Storyline Templates that Meet AA WCAG Accessibility Requirements?

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime Rise 360 user who is starting to dive into Storyline, and I'm finding it a bit more complex when it comes to accessibility. In Rise 360, many of the templates/sample courses meet WCAG requirements, and if they don’t, I can easily check which block types aren’t accessible via the online list Articulate provides here. However, with Storyline, I can't seem to find similarly straightforward information.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Articulate Storyline templates that meet, or mostly meet, AA WCAG standards? For example, I recently imported the slides from the "Illuminate" template, and while they look fantastic, I noticed some issues right away—like the very light grey font on a white background, which doesn’t meet contrast requirements.

I'm really excited to get started with Storyline, but I’d love some advice on which templates might be better to use, especially those that are more accessible out of the box. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out!

Accessibility is an important part of building a course and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. You can check out this article which contains tips and recommendations for designing accessible courses in Storyline 360: 

And here's more information about creating Storyline 360 courses that support Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).

Let me know if you have any questions!

MichaelEtzel
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. However, my question is more specifically: 

When I am inside Storyline and open Content 360, which of the templates meet or closely meet WCAG standards? For example, many of them use font contrast (light grey font on white background) that would not pass AA compliance. 

I recognize that there is a component of the designer checking everything, but surely some templates are "better" than others when working towards that. Thanks. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Michael,
      Thanks for the clarification! None of our Storyline 360 templates currently meet WCAG standards, so you'll need to apply the recommendations in the articles I shared to make them accessible. I recognize the value of making these templates accessible to course authors, so I went ahead and filed a feature request on your behalf to improve the accessibility of these templates. We'll let you know if we have any updates to share!