Forum Discussion

JudyMcDonough-f
Community Member
3 hours ago

Continual "Pulse" shape?

Hi:

Does anyone know if it's easily possible to have a shape (say, a square) that will continually "pulse" in the background. I know you can apply "emphasis" to shapes, but that's only a "one-time" thing (as far as I know?). I'd like to have a shape almost "breathe" by slowly growing and shrinking (then continuing to repeat throughout the slide).  Can this be easily done?  Thanks!

• You can get a breathing effect and more control by firing the animation off a motion path that continually repeats.

• Glad to help. That's a good use case for this technique, and by controlling the timing and easing of the pulse, it can be quite subtle but still effective.

• THANK YOU!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  And yes, you make a good point about being distracting.  I only thought about it on a title slide or transition slide and as a subtle "breathing" feel.  This is perfect; thank you!

• Yep! Add a trigger to 'emphasise shape using Pulse when Pulse animation completes' and it will loop.

But bear in mind this can be distracting and go against WCAG and accessibility best practice if it flashes with high intensity.

You could add an 'if' condition to make it stop if certain conditions are met. This can be a variable or a state. So 'emphasise shape using Pulse when Pulse animation completes IF state of shape is not equal to Visited' would make it stop once clicked.