Forum Discussion

JasonLee-587658
Community Member
8 years ago

Continuous background music in Storyline 360

I am creating a Storyline project that has multiple slides with Engage interactions. In Presenter I could add continuous music by making a Playlist. However, this option doesn't seem to be available  in Storyline. I tried adding the audio to each individual slide, but then whenever the user clicks on a different part of the Engage module the audio would simply restart. Is there any solution to this? 

• Hello Sergio, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

The ability to add background music, or audio that plays across slides, is still an open feature request with our team. This conversation is attached to share any updates with you here in the future, but I do not have an update at this time.

• Is there a way to make this work when inserting a SL block into Rise? Or when publishing to Review 360? For self-paced learning, this is an absolute must! 

MathNotermans-9
      Community Member

This works both on Review and in Rise. In fact you can make anything work on mobile devices too.

ShaneAllen-5f68
        Community Member

Hi Math, thank you for the prompt reply and for all of the wonderful help in this thread. I do have it working, however my one issue that remains is that an action from the learner is required to initiate the audio. I was hoping to have my audio synced with visuals, but this does not seem to be possible with this approach. I commend your brilliant workaround - I'm sure this is a HUGE help to many. I do feel strongly that this feature still needs to be added into the program, and hope it gets the attention it deserves in the near future and we don't have to wait many more years.

• Does anyone have a way that works currently (as in today, 2022) when you want to publish to video format? I've tried all of the steps I can find and none work.

MathNotermans-9
      Community Member

Ofcourse none of these options mentioned here will work when exporting to video. As they are all browserbased.

Personally i never use Storyline for creating videos. AfterEffects, Premiere, Vimeo , Blender and tools like that are 2000% better in creating animation and video. Blender is open source and there are also a lot of free opensource alternatives for AfterEffects.

• I agree with the requests. This is an option that should be present in Storyline.

• Continuous background music in Storyline 360 using JavaScript is good.

But the problem is that when we revisit the course using the bookmarking option to resume the course, the music is not playing.

What recommendations do you have for how to solve this issue?

MathNotermans-9
      Community Member

Add the code to a Master Template. Then it will be triggered on every slide using that. To prevent unneccessary loading you can add a if/then to check if it already been loaded before... if so dont trigger it.. a boolean variable will do the trick for that.

NicoleOgden
    Community Member

I, also, would like to add to the request of the feature to apply background music to my projects. I convinced my employer to pay for this software and now I find out that I can't complete my training videos the way I was asked to do because of very expensive software that I asked for. So disappointed.