Forum Discussion

CaroleJoubert-d
Community Member
2 years ago

Cover page

Hello !

I want to share my RISE content. The cover page lets appear cover picture and start button but my introduction text remains invisible (need to scroll to see it!)  Same problem with other type of cover page... What can I do ? Thanks !

Theo

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Carole,

Based on your screenshot images, what you are seeing is correct Rise behavior.

• Hi Carole! Karl is right; that is the correct Rise behavior. We are taking requests for an option to remove the start button or the cover page. I'll add your name to the list and update this thread if we make any changes in the future. 

SandiLiscombe
      Community Member

Any update on this - what do I need to selct to remove the cover page and the start course button?

StephanieLong
    Community Member

Add my name to the list.  The ability to remove percent complete and change the style / dimensions of the cover page.

• Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.

SandiLiscombe
      Community Member

What about when you want people to access it as a URL or webpage? Is there any way to turn off the start course for this or only in LMS?

KarlMuller
        Community Member

It's only available if you publish for LMS.

JohnCurran
    Community Member

Lea - That 'Hide Cover Page' appears to not work on some LMS'. Any idea why?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi John,

Did you get a chance to check if the 'Hide Cover Page' works on a course in SCORM Cloud?  If it works in SCORM Cloud, then the issue could be LMS-related, and it would be a good idea to reach out to your LMS admin for assistance.

If you're also seeing the issue in SCORM Cloud, please open a support case here, and we'll work with you closely to fix the issue.

As for your suggestion on using the setting 'Cover Page' , we really appreciate you letting us know that setting could be confusing. I shared your feedback with my team and we'll update you once we have information to share!

JohnCurran
    Community Member

Can I also suggest that you use the setting 'Cover Page' and have the setting ON/OFF as Hide Cover Page with the tip 'Turn the cover page on/off is confusing (it's a sort of double negative).

Is it ON to hide or show the cover page? It's actually ON of course if you WANT to hide the cover.

DevinArbenz
    Community Member

I'd really like a setting to minimize the height of the Course Image and Layouts on the Cover Page. My client has provided feedback that learners may miss the text below the layout, which falls "below the fold" on most browsers. It would be great if there were an option to choose a Header Height like we are able to for Lesson Headers.