Forum Discussion

AncaMustea-8b80
Community Member
7 years ago

Custom Romanian Fonts in Rise

Hello!

I tried to add some custom fonts in Rise as described here.

I used fonts with special Romanian characteristics such as: ș ț ă â Ș Ț Ă Â. Somehow the special fonts are not displayed well in Rise. As you can see from the attached picture, the same fonts in a text editor are displayed normal, but in Rise these special fonts don't change as the font type changes, nor are they displayed correctly.

Do you know any solution to this problem? Using them like this does not look professional - for a Romanian eye it would look like something is wrong or like a sign of neglect.

• Hi Alyssa,
    thank you for your answer, however, it's a pitty as I believe it's not only Czech & Romanian users who have this painful issue - I saw similar issues noted by Polish users as well and I'm sure there will be more.

It would be helpful if, at least, there would be one "system" font in Rise which supports all the special characters across the different alphabets and which may be used in labels and menu as well as in the other text fields. I understand the utilisation of custom fonts in labels and menu require more work on your side and therefore isn't on the roadmap, but what we need isn't a new feature, its an issue fix.

Do you think something can be done on that point?

Thank you!

• Hi Miroslava, 

I hear you, and I'm sorry this is a hurdle for your team. This isn't something on our priority list right now. If anything changes, we'll update you here. 

• Hi, i have problem with Serbian Latin letters such as ščćđž... not showing well in Rise. is there some solutin for this promlem? Thank you

Ana

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Ana!

For non-Latin characters to display in Rise 360 courses, you have to download and install additional font sets. We have links to all of Rise 360's default fonts as well as instructions on how to install them.

Have you tried the instructions from this article? How To Get Non-Latin Characters to Display Correctly

• Hi Hazel, the additional (custom) font set, however, doesn't work in lessons menu and labels. Is there any news regarding solving this issue? The Custom font set allows just a partial sollution..

Renz_Sevilla
      Staff

Hi Miroslava, thanks for letting us know you need support for custom fonts as well as non-Latin characters for the sidebar menu.

No updates yet, but we're still tracking requests for this. If we make any changes that will help, we'll update this thread!

AlinaBradea
    Community Member

Hi, I have found a font that supports well Romanian diacritics and that looks good in Rise presentations. It is "SourceSansPro-Regular"

• Hi, any updates in the fields of diacritics in the sidebar menu, lessons names, and lesson headers? If still not, maybe it should finally appear on your priority list???