Forum Discussion

MikeMohr
Community Member
2 months ago

Player Title Font weird issue

Had a weird font issue just pop on me. Doing a quick search it looks like this happened with the glossary a while back. When using certain fonts in the player (yes I'm using the modern player) the letter H in the title will change to a serif style. If I choose some other font (Copperplate Gothic Bold), none of the title will have that font when previewed or published. Sometimes I can get the font to work by changing the font size. Usually going smaller. There are so many variations to this issue it's hard to list them all. Avenir Black works.

• Hello Mike and Jürgen, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Table text and certain letters in the course title might not display correctly

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• Hi Mike, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. I was able to link the behavior you're experiencing to an open bug we are currently tracking after testing and replicating it using your project file. I've added this community post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. 

The identified workaround is to use standard fonts like Arial Unicode MS for the Player. Here's a published version of your course that uses Arial to demonstrate the workaround. 

• Hello Mike and Jürgen, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Table text and certain letters in the course title might not display correctly

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.