Forum Discussion

Kendra-Barker
Community Member
8 years ago

Default font for Notes

How do I change the default font for notes?  I don't want to have to change them manually for each slide.

KyleMullaney
      Community Member

It is crazy to think this is something that has been asked for for 5 years and is consider by the company as a “Feature Request”. 

• Agree, this is very time consuming when rebuilding 90 slide projects x 24 modules... we've been asking for 6 years now...

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your comments!

I understand this can be frustrating and time-consuming when working on a large project. The ability to globally format notes is still on our radar and I'll be sure to add your vote. I've inked you to the feature request, and we will be sure to update you with any news should this make it onto our feature roadmap.

• Hi CB,

Being able to format your notes independently of the player settings sounds like a great idea for a feature request and others think so too! A request for this feature has already been submitted and your voice has been added to it! This conversation will be updated when an update is available on this request. 

Thanks for reaching out!

ID4WiscState
    Community Member

I hope it is noted that this feature is more important than anything on the roadmap at present.

That text field makes training accessible when all of the other tools are not yet present. When something has to be explained and has no other place in the slide, especially where accessibility is concerned, it goes into the notes. When you have nothing timed to the audio, the minimal accessibility curtesy that a designer can provide is through the notes.

While all of the features being worked on are wonderful and necessary and appreciated, your designers' ultimate back-up plan has been this long-ignored issue. Please recognize that this is not a back-burner issue. The notes section needs style-recognition applied by the Master slide.

• The link "update the formatting of all slide notes" in your post does not work. Also, the NEW link in Storyline does not work. I get an Article Not Found error.

RichardSlate
      Community Member

The software update isn't available yet either. My guess is this post was a bit of the cart before the horse.
      This thread is seven years old. If the feature is coming, I can wait a while.
      It's great that the Articulate team is working on features developers have been asking for.
      Hopefully, there's more to come.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Randy!

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry about the hiccup while trying to access certain Articulate domains! Checking the links my teammate Lauren shared, they are all loading successfully on my end. If you run into any setbacks when accessing them again, please let us know!