Forum Discussion

OlhaBorysova
Community Member
2 years ago

Determine user´s progress using cmi.lesson_location or cmi.suspend_data

I would like to determine a user's progress in a course from the metadata in the scorm_tracking table. For this, cmi.lesson_location and cmi.suspend_data seem to come into question. Are there any examples of how to extract this information.

Unfortunately, the cmi.progress_measure field is not available to me since the project is implemented with Ilias.

Thank you for your help,

Olha

EdwardParks
    Community Member

Hello,

To determine a user's progress using the metadata in the scorm_tracking table, you can extract information from the cmi.lesson_location or cmi.suspend_data fields. These fields store relevant data about the user's progress in the course, allowing you to track their advancement and completion status.  my account access

OlhaBorysova
      Community Member

But how exactly can I retrieve this information if it's encoded by an incomprehensible principle in these fields? Is there any proven method to extract from this coded data a number that corresponds to the percentage of completion of the course, or information on the total number of course units and the number of units completed?