Forum Discussion

DonnaSchiele-96
Community Member
6 months ago

Different Resources for Each Slide or Scene?

Good morning. 

I am building out three different quiz questions.  Each question is based on a different scenario with a set of resource documents to review before the learner answers a quiz question.  When I go into the "player" it looks like I can not have different resources for each slide or scene.  Is that correct?  Thank you for your assistance.

• The built-in Resources tab can be turned off or on for a given slide via Slide Properties. But it will always contain the same list. 

You can also add links to websites and attach files to a slide. For that, use the Open URL/file trigger.

If the resources need to be accessed from multiple slides in the same scene, consider putting them on the Master Layout. Or put them on a separate slide, and lightbox that slide when needed. 

• Thank you, Julie. It looks like I will have to create a separate project for each quiz question.  

• Adding to what Judy said:

• If you wanted, you could add your resources as a layer on the slide and then create button to that layer.
    • Or, create a lightbox slide for each question's resources and then use a button on the quiz to open the resources.
    • Another option is to create a simple index.html file that holds resources and insert that as a web object. The web object can be loaded locally, so you don't need to put the HTML page on a server.
    • If you wanted to get creative, there's a way you could leverage Rise to build your resource page and load that as a web object. 

In either case, you don't need to build three separate projects. That seems like a lot of extra work and not necessarily going to give you anything different since they're all being authored in the same tool.

• Hi Donna, 

Glad that Tom and Judy were able to help!

It looks like part of your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Have a great afternoon!