Forum Discussion

LisaMolina-Cheu
Community Member
2 months ago

Drag and drop interaction within a scrolling panel?

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a drag and drop interaction within a scrolling panel. Both the draggable items and the drop targets are within the same scrolling panel, but I can't get it to work. The draggable items aren't able to be moved or dragged at all. 

Could anyone clue me in as to whether I'm doing something wrong or if what I want to do is not possible?

.story file attached. Thanks!

Ange
    Community Member

Hi Lisa,
    There are only two ways that I know of for a drag_n_drop activity to work within a  scrolling panel. I have never found "object dropped on" to work when drop item and drop zone are both within the scrolling panel. Could be my error, or there is a conflict when using both within a scrolling panel.

1. Sorting activity - trigger is "object dragged over". This would need a slight redesign of the slide to avoid the drop item disappearing when the user drags it over one target to get to the other target - the drop item disappears as soon as it comes into contact with the first drop zone that it is dragged over.

2. Drag-and-drop freeform quiz, this assumes there is a correct/incorrect drop zone for each drop item or it doesn't matter. This has added variables to hide the drop items after drag.  Note: You can remove the 'Submit' button in the player properties if not a quiz/no feedback necessary.

Attached file:

• Thank you Ange! Either of this solutions will work perfectly fine for what I need. Very much appreciate your help!