Forum Discussion

OenGriffin
Community Member
3 months ago

Drag and drop issues

Hi folks!

I've created a drag-and-drop interaction, but things aren't behaving quite as I would like them to. I have all of the items starting in a drop target (but the wrong drop target) and then want learners to reorganize them. Is there a way to make the drag items switch locations if the user moves one into a drop target that is already occupied? Since all of the drag items currently start in a drop target, the drag and drop options don't seem to be working as intended. I would like not to redesign the slide if possible.

A little confusing - hope that makes sense!

• It seems to you that the items are in drop targets, but the system does not consider them to be in a drop zone until the learner clicks them and actually drags them over a drop zone. So they may be above the zone, but are not in the zone.

Setting properties to allow only one item in a target will cause the first object to leave a zone if a second one is dropped, but it goes back only to its original spot, There is no built-in method of having them switch places,

To get what you are describing, you will need to create a custom drag and drop interaction, and create your own triggers. The attached sample might give you some ideas.

OenGriffin
    Community Member

That makes sense! Thanks for your response and the example - I appreciate it!