Forum Discussion

CamBennett-dc10
Community Member
6 months ago

Dynamically Change Storyline Player Menu Slide Titles

Is there a way to change menu slide titles in the built-in player during runtime?

I have an assessment-only module that randomly orders 50 questions. The learners are allowed to skip questions but must answer all questions before the results slide.

I was hoping to use the player menu to identify which questions are complete and which are not.

• Hi Cam, this is not possible using native Storyline functionality. I'm pretty sure the Menu is not at all dynamic in that it can change depending on a user interaction.

CamBennett-dc10
      Community Member

Thank you Sam. I felt this was the case, but I see that Math Notermans has provided an interesting solution that may achieve what I'm hoping for.

• Allthough without a sample of what you exactly want, it is hard to know. But with some out-of-the-box thinking you can change menu items.

As showing here...

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c6b7e48a-f204-441d-81ea-4cdd5ed6a524/review

One big plus of this approach is that you can customize the menu/listitems if you want to.
    https://360.articulate.com/review/content/146cbdd5-f36c-4ce4-a5f6-94effde85c42/review

As you can see in the second review.
    And here is the working Storyline.

CamBennett-dc10
      Community Member

Thank you Math! This is a very useful solution. I'll see what I can do with this.

I wasn't being intentionally vague, I really just wanted to know if it was possible. I thought the player might be baked in after publishing (it seems to be but your solution gets around that to a degree).

What I have is a long list of questions. The requirement is that they can be skipped and revisited at a later time. This requires some way to identify which questions were not answered and be able to navigate to them.

I will see how I can apply your solution to my problem.

Thanks so much!