Forum Discussion

RyanHui
Community Member
3 months ago

Flash to video initial Scene issue on Articulate Storyline

Hello team,

We have experienced an issue with the storyline project. There are two slides, one with video and one with progress saved statement. Triggers are set as attached. Expected behaviour is that eCourse participants could click a button while playing video, so they will jump to the progress statement page. Afterwards, click the resume progress button on the progress page to go back to the video at the saved time if needed.

However, the issue happened after the resume progress button was clicked. Participants jump back to the video page, with a flash to video initial scene appears for below 1 second, and then the video resumes playing as expected.

The issue exists on both Storyline Preview and export web files, across browsers and across project.

May anyone know how to fix it so the flash scene would disappear? Thank you so much for the help!

• I would try showing the progress statement as a layer, rather than a distinct slide. When you want the video to to continue, hide the layer. That way, it isn’t restarting or returning to the video, but continuing it.

RyanHui
    Community Member

Hi Walt, 

Thank you so much for the advice. We've tried to create a layer, however, the flash screen still exists. 

During my trial to create a layer, I created a variable that will set to "True" to stop the video when showing the layer and play the video again when hiding the layer. The flash screen still exists at the time when the layer hides.

• Hi Winnie,

Happy to check this for you!

Would you mind sharing a copy of your updated project file so we can check what's causing the flash? Please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing. We'll delete it when we're done!