Forum Discussion

DaveSundberg
Community Member
4 years ago

Freeform Hotspot question

Hello,

I tried using the freeform hotspot template in SL but it seems the "clickable area" is the entire screen and cannot be adjusted. Is there a way to adjust this area? The fact that the whole screen being clickable causes issues when you set it to more than 1 attempt. For instance, if you set it to 3 attempts, it creates a "try again" layer but because the whole screen is clickable, it will show that "try again" layer after reaching the 3rd attempt and it will remain there when you move forward and back to that screen when you have "resume saved state" on even though you may have answered the question correctly.

thanks,

dave

• With a clickable hotspot, the answer may be obvious, because the cursor turns to a hand when over a clickable spot. By making the whole screen clickable, that problem is avoided. Try putting a hotspot above the clickable item, but only covering the correct answer.

FWIW, I much prefer an object with a fill and 100% transparency, instead of a hotspot.

ChrisDorna
    Community Member

I have the same problem. In the freeform I defined two hotspots: Correct (green) and Incorrect (red).

When playing this slide the entire screen is clickable and each click outside the hotspots counts as an attempt.

How can I restrict the clickable area and still give the user acces to the navigation on the Base layer?

Thanks for helping!

ChrisDorna
    Community Member

I did some additional testing and I think this is a bug. I just reported it.

• Hi, Chris.

Thank you for submitting a support case! I see you're working with Darwin, who sent you an e-mail with a few suggestions. 

Please reach out through the case if you have additional questions. 

ChrisDorna
    Community Member

So, this was not a bug. Darwin advised me to use a Pick One interaction. This was the simple solution for the problem.

Thanks!