Forum Discussion

BaharehGelotte
Community Member
3 years ago

Full screen icon in videos disappears after adding closed caption using labeled graphic

Hello.

In my rise course, I have a labeled graphic section and added videos on each marker. I added closed caption files, which show up perfectly fine, but the full screen icon disappeared! 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/e0hhorFangmKqcgrKc1zs8KaU1tcw1Y7

Other videos in the course are working fine with closed caption. 

Do you know what has gone wrong?

Thanks!

Bahareh

• Hello everyone! 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where the full-screen option for labeled graphic marker videos is removed when closed captions are enabled. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported.

• Hi there, Bahareh. I do see that the full screen option gets bounced off when CC are available. I have reported this issue to our QA team, and we'll update you here if we make a change or if we have new info to share.

As a workaround, is it possible for to you host the video on another platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) and embed it? A quick test with a YouTube embed code worked on my end!

• I have also noticed this occurs without CC active. This image shows an uploaded video within Labelled Graphic marker. Is there a fix for this?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi Martin,

We have this issue documented as a possible bug, but we don't have an update on a fix yet. 

A workaround that you can try is to host your video on another platform, and add it in Rise using the Multimedia > Embed block.  Let us know if this works for you!

• Any update on fixing this bug? I'm encountering this issue and it took me a lot of time to pinpoint it. A vimeo/YouTube embed isn't great for us because we work with healthcare organizations who sometimes have vimeo/YouTube blacklisted.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Upstream USA,

Thanks for following up; and I'm sorry for the trouble! I don't have any updates yet; we're still looking for a fix. If you need the full-screen option, you can remove the closed captions; apologies if that workaround removes another functionality you may need. Here's a peek into our process for resolving bugs:

I appreciate your patience.

CarolinaApar645
        Community Member

We can't disable closed captions -- it's very important that we maintain accessibility standards. Very much hoping you all find a fix for this soon. Thanks!

AdamHansen
    Community Member

I'm running into this same issue, but I've noticed that the option to pop the video out into PIP is available. Is the ability to pop the video out the resolution, or is this still an unresolved bug? Thanks! 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Adam,

Confirming that the issue discussed in this thread is still open. You'll notice video markers in labeled graphic blocks losing their fullscreen option when closed captions are added to the video. We'll leave a message here when we have any new updates to share!

CarolinaApar645
      Community Member

This still doesn't give the option to make the video full screen, making reading captions nearly impossible, unfortunately.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

I have a fix for this if anyone needs it today. Its actually a larger issue- notice the volume control is also missing in Martin's screenshot, its a larger bug with the media player UI, various player controls are getting pushed outside the visible area.

• Hello everyone! 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where the full-screen option for labeled graphic marker videos is removed when closed captions are enabled. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported.

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Eric, with closed captions the video controls are still cut off- see how the audio icon is cut off on the far right at some screen sizes. See my code sample above for the proper fix. Have a good weekend.