Forum Discussion

PratikAthane-5a
Community Member
2 months ago

German special character get replaced with codes when searcing simple caracter.

Hi Team,

We found that a German special character like ‘ä’ is replaced with codes when searching for a character ‘a’. Also after searching for a character ‘o’, the module shows a blank page.  

This issue does not exist for the courses we published before 6th Aug.

Can you please check into this issue and let us know?

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik Athane

• Hi Pratik,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with special characters. I'm happy to help troubleshoot, and I would like to start with a few questions.

Are you publishing your Rise 360 course to Web, LMS, or Review? When you say search, did you mean using the Find function in your browser (in Google Chrome by pressing CTRL+F)?

I published a sample Rise course with German characters to Review 360 and did not experience this behavior. We'd be happy to investigate further if you're willing to share a link to your published output. A screen recording of the issue would also help a lot.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

PratikAthane-5a
      Community Member

Hi,

I will explain shortly. if we open the review link the course gets launched. We press Start the Course and go to the next page. In the Rise course itself, we have a search option in the Menu bar.

If we type "a" and hit enter a German special character like ‘ä’ is displayed as &a in the course. A screenshot is attached for reference.

Thanks & Regards,

--Pratik Athane

• Hi Pratik,

Good day! I'm checking back in to inform you that I created a support case for you so we can dig deeper into the behavior you're seeing. Would you be willing to share a copy of your Rise 360 course with our team? If so, kindly check your email. I sent instructions on how you can share your course with us.

We'd like to determine whether what you see is related to a bug that was recently reported to us.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

• Hi Team,

As per the mail for Case #00907889, I have sent two courses to the support@articulate.com. If you review the course in review and search for a in the search option of the course you will see that the special character  ‘ä’ is displayed as &a in the course.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for sharing the courses with us in your support case. I can confirm they've been received and are being reviewed by our talented Support Engineers. You'll be hearing from one of my teammates shortly in your case!