Forum Discussion

ErjenAdriaen200
Community Member
4 months ago

Glitch in grouped objects when looping an animation on a layer

Since the update of April 30th there is a glitch in looping an animation.
This is reproducible.

If you make a looped animation on a layer (jump to start of timeline when timeline ends) and there are grouped items on this layer, you'll notice a short glitch when the timeline restarts. If you ungroup all items it works fine and there's no glitch.
Unfortunately in some cases/animations, you really need items on a layer to be grouped... It all worked fine before the update of april 30th.

I had hoped that this would be fixed in a new update, but alas, the glitch is still there in the latest update of June 6th.

Can you please fix this bug? Rolling back to a previous version of Storyline is not an option and going through an elaborate presentation to rework all these slides neither...

• Hello Erjen! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Emphasis animations didn't work after interacting with a lightbox and behaved erratically when looped.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hi Erjen!

Thank you for reaching out to share what you're experiencing! We do have this issue logged as a bug and it is prioritized for a future release. We'll update you in this discussion as soon as the fix ships!

• Hello Erjen! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Emphasis animations didn't work after interacting with a lightbox and behaved erratically when looped.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hello Luciana, 

I jump in the discussion. I made an export today (19-06-2024) and all animation on grouped items are still glitching (I already update Storyline).
    Only on Safari mobile browser the animations seems to be working ok.

I cannot, as Erjen, ungroup/rework the slides. There are too many items and voix-off to work without grouping items.

• I had hoped the issue would be resolved in the new update (June 18, 2024 (Build 3.89.32618.0)), but unfortunately, as Pimenko Elearning pointed out,  I can also confirm that grouped items are still glitching :(

• Hello Jose,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad this is being looked into.

Like I said, the glitching occurs when you use the timeline triggers.
    (jump to start of timeline when timeline ends)

I have adjusted your Storyline file so that it uses the timeline instead of the animation 

Now you can see a small glitch each time the timeline restarts
    If you ungroup the items, the glitch is gone.

I hope this can be fixed soon :)

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Thanks for the additional information. I passed this on to our support team and I also opened a support case on your behalf so we can notify you if we have any new updates to share!

• YES!

The issue is resolved in the latest update (Build 3.90.32850.0)

Thanks to the whole team for tackling this bug! 

EricSantos
      Staff

You're most welcome, Erjen! I'm happy to hear that the issue is no longer happening for you using the latest update.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again if you encounter other unexpected behavior. We're happy to help.