Forum Discussion

MichaelFekete
Community Member
6 months ago

glossary list in Rise

I use the interactive "accordion" block to create a glossary list  for Rise courses. I need the items to be alphabetized, but if I don't know all the terms beforehand, it is a pain to add new items later. (You can only append new items to the end of an accordion block, so to add a new item, you must edit and rebuild the entire list. This is especially painful when adding an item at the beginning of a glossary list [for example, a term beginning with the letter "a"].)

The ability to add an item anywhere in an accordion block would be a great help. Otherwise, can anyone suggest another way to provide a glossary list of terms in Rise?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Yes, dragging a new item from the bottom of the list to where it needs to be alphabetically is not fun. 

MichaelFekete
      Community Member

Hi.
      Thanks for responding. I didn't realize you could rearrange items by dragging. Not perfect, but this helps.
      Thanks again.

Michael Fekete
      AAMVA Technical Writer
      202-290-5950

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Michael!

Glad to see Alyssa and Karl have been helping you!

I just wanted to pop in and share that part of your e-mail signature came through when you replied via e-mail. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response.

• Hi there, Michael! I came across an example where fellow community member, Gerry McAteer, creatively used a quote carousel block to create a glossary. Check it out here

You can read more about it in Gerry's discussion post: A glossary to use in Rise

I hope that sparks some ideas for you!

MichaelFekete
      Community Member

Hi.
      These are great ideas-thanks!

Michael Fekete
      AAMVA Technical Writer
      202-290-5950