Forum Discussion

PatriceCourtema
Community Member
7 months ago

HELP - Language Selection and content filtering in articulate storyline with Vyond integration

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a dynamic training project for one of my clients, utilizing Vyond for creating training videos. These videos are then imported into Storyline for integration into an e-learning course. My goal is to make this training accessible in both English and French, allowing the learner to choose their preferred language at the beginning of the course. Ideally, once a language is selected, only the modules relevant to that language should be visible and accessible, without displaying the modules of the other language.

I am seeking advice or solutions to implement this language selection mechanism elegantly within Articulate Storyline. Is there an existing template I could adapt, or does anyone have suggestions on the best way to structure this type of course in Storyline? Specific tips for handling Vyond-imported elements to support this linguistic bifurcation would also be greatly appreciated.

To summarize, my specific needs are:

1. Creating a welcome screen that allows the learner to choose between English and French.
  2. Depending on the language choice, only display the relevant modules for that language, without revealing the content in the other language.
  3. Seamlessly integrate Vyond videos into Storyline, ensuring the language selection is respected throughout the learner's journey.

I am open to any suggestions, be it design tips, examples of similar projects, or available resources/templates. Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

• Language selection is probably better in an LMS even a Wordpress site. 

If you want to use Storyline then it is simple to use a menu and track variables. But you will likely have to build the same route twice.

I would build once in English and then translate