Forum Discussion

LeighAsbury-ed2
Community Member
27 days ago

Help on menu please

Hi all. I am setting up an interactive contents menu page. I have certain prompts on the screen that I have set to disappear.

Is it possible, that if learners navigate back to this menu slide again, that they will not have to see these prompts on their second/third visit to this page, if they are using it as their interactive contents page to revisit as they choose? I know I can set the info to disappear and I have done this, but I would rather it doesn't show at all on the second/third visit and I am not sure how best to do this. I haven't designed anything for 18 months so feeling a bit rusty. All help gratefully received. Thanks

JHauglie
    Community Member

I would probably suggest that you use layers for the "certain prompts" that must disappear. Tie each layer to a variable that triggers when the slide starts, so that when a user returns the variable trips and does (or does not) show the layers.

I've used this same approach successfully with overview/navigation type layers. They show when the course first launches, the variables associated with them increment by a count of 1, and then when the user returns to the slide, the variable values prevent the layer from showing.

• Thank you Joe. I will try and work out how to do that. Variables and I are not too well acquainted yet.