Forum Discussion

TeresaDimond
Community Member
5 months ago

Hotspots not resizing in Storyline 3

Hi All,

I am creating a course using a screen recording of a system function. I am resizing the hotspots to cover a wider area, but when I preview the course the clickable area hasn't expanded. Does anyone have any ideas for this please? I've tried deleting the hotspot and putting in a new one but the same issue occurs.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks!

• Hi Teresa,

I understand you're experiencing an issue with the hotspots not expanding when previewing your course. I'm happy to help figure out what's going on!

• First, I'd like to confirm you've followed these steps while adding the hotspots.
    • Hotspots require triggers to make them work. Did you add a trigger to each one? I've attached a sample .Story file so you can see how I set up my triggers. When the user clicks hotpot 1, they will see a new layer.

If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing this issue, it will be helpful to see your file. You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.