Forum Discussion

AdrianFoley-472
Community Member
5 hours ago

How do I send text from Storyline to my LMS?

So recently I was able to type some text into a data entry field in Storyline (I believe it was using either the 'graded question' or the 'survey question' feature) and then the text I typed in showed up in the learner history on the LMS. Now it seems no matter what I do, this doesn't work. 

I know this can sometimes be dependent on the LMS and its settings, but this worked before (only I can't remember exactly how it was set up). 

Can anyone recommend the best way to have text a user types in Storyline appear on an LMS? 

• Hi AdrianFoley-472 Storyline write to SCORM interactions on the LMS. If you have had success with this once on the LMS, you should be able to do it again. You might need to determine whether you used SCORM 2004 or SCORM 1.2. All LMSs that support SCORM 2004 support interactions, but the same cannot be said for all SCORM 1.2 as interactions were an optional implementation.

In order to get data from Storyline into the LMS, you would just need to add a results slide that processes the questions that you would like saved to the LMS. I believe you would also need to ensure that the publish options use the results slide as a part of the completion requirement.