Forum Discussion

SamHill
Super Hero
2 years ago

How happy are we with feature request and bug handling at Articulate?

It would be great to get some community feedback on how happy people are with the Storyline360 product, especially when it comes to bug fixing and feature releases.

I've been getting more and more frustrated lately with the ridiculously slow resolution to bugs. It's not unusual to see forum posts outlining issues with the software, originally posted 2 years ago, and with posts days old reporting the same issue as part of the discussion.

I had a personal experience recently. I received an email informing me a bug had been resolved. I was excited, as I'd just reported a bug that month. However, on reading the email, it was a bug that had been reported 2 years ago.

Is 2 years an acceptable turnaround time for a bug to be resolved? In that time there had been multiple patches, updates etc. Some great enhancements, but they didn't see fit to fix a bug for a couple of years. I'd forgotten about it, and obviously been working around it subconsciously.

I think Storyline is a good product for certain tasks, but the transparency in regards to how issues and feature requests are handled isn't good. We as a community cannot see existing bugs that have been reported and accepted as bugs (not surprised if they are 2 years in the fixing) or how the feature requests are handled.

Do we need user group representation to apply more pressure to the people at Storyline making the decisions? I think the current process doesn't support the users of the software very well. The lack of transparency puts us in a position where we have to assume, "maybe I'm the only one who feels this way" when looking at some of the comments on the forum say otherwise.

Thanks for reading if you got this far, but would be great to hear from others what their experience has been (good & bad).

• Hey Matt, Understood. I didn't mean to imply I was asking for consulting. I thought you'd like to be included in the conversation for transparency but I understand I was wrong.

Thank you for the impact you had on a lot of the accessibility work the team did last year. Your feedback helped. 

• Hey Community members,

I just want to inform you all that we’ve deleted all of Matthew Bibby’s posts at his request and in line with our community guidelines. I am saddened that he no longer wishes to be a part of the community.

I appreciate all of your feedback and hear your frustrations. We are committed to doing better and I want to partner with all of you to make that happen. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you all.

Kerry

• Thanks for the update Kerry. Look forward to seeing these changes in action and also good to feel listened to.