Forum Discussion

TomBeakes
Community Member
2 years ago

I can't export my course

I'm can't export the course I'm working on. My colleague created the course and shared it with me - I can edit it, but when I go to export it I only have the option to remove the course (see screengrab). All the other courses that are shared with me are not affected like this. What is going on here? I'm sure there's a simple solution but I can't figure it out...

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Tom,

It seems you were added to the course as a Collaborator, which does not have the rights to export a course:

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a course:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
    • Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, set a Share password, or delete the course. 
    • Course Collaborator can't access any of the menu options. They can only edit the course. 
      TomBeakes
      Community Member

Thanks for the response - that makes sense.

So, can I be retrospectively added to the course as a manager? If so, who would be able to do that? My colleague who owns the course and originally added me as collaborator is away and I ideally need to export before she returns.

Tom

Bell Disclaimer: Please note that this email is sent subject to the terms and conditions specified on https://www.bellenglish.com/legal-notices/

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Yes, your role can be changed from Collaborator to Course Manager, but that can only be done by the Course Owner who seems to be away.