Forum Discussion

HolgerScheer-33
Community Member
3 months ago

technical video export parameters

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the video export with SL360.

Sometimes there is a black frame at the beginning of the exported video, sometimes not. This cannot be reproduced and seems to vary from day to day. The same scene yesterday has no black frame, today, after I have only exchanged two figures, it is suddenly there again.

I have to say that I find the video quality of SL extremely good even at the lowest quality. And the video then has a size of 5 MB.

I want to embed the videos in Rise360 and the customer is not happy when there is a black video image in the preview.

I have now used various editing programmes to cut away the black frame in the video. But when exporting, the video is re-encoded and it is then either huge (from 5 MB to 135 MB at high quality) or at low quality it is really bad and the file is still 8 MB in size.

I know that this depends on the compression parameters etc. Frame rate, bit rate and whatnot. I don't understand any of that.

Here's my first question: has anyone found out why this black frame sometimes appears? I know there's already a thread about this, but it's three years old and the answers in it aren't helpful. I've already tried all these things.

Here's my second question: Does anyone know what specific compression and export parameters SL uses to produce such good quality at such a small file size?

If I know them, then I could enter them into Premiere or OneShot and hopefully get a similarly good result.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Holger

• Hi Holger,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I understand you see a black frame around the video only sometimes. I have a few questions to help me narrow down the issue.

If you're willing to share your .Story file with us here or privately in a support case, we'll be happy to conduct further testing. Once troubleshooting is complete, we'll delete your work from our systems.