Forum Discussion

ChinaNMO
Community Member
7 months ago

iframe attribute width and height were removed automaticly in preview and publish

hi,

just found a weird issue in recent days.

when i inserted an iframe like below

```

<iframe src="foo.bar" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1280" height="720"></iframe>

```

the width and height attributes disappeared, which happened both in the preview page and final published package.

looks like this issue happened recently, this is quite urgent to us.

please help to take a look.

• Hello China NMO,

Happy to help!

I modified the width and height parameters in your iframe code and the changes were reflected on my end. 

I can see that you're using a width value of "1280" for your block. Since this most likely exceeds the width set for the "small" width of an embed block, try using either "medium" or "full width" for your embed block instead. 

Let me know if this works for you!

ChinaNMO
    Community Member

let me take an example,

pick up a youtube video embedded code, like below 
    ```

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rPxTYqrHkdM?si=JpqQSxNK51iw1c-O" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

```

after I paste to Rise course, once i prereview it, from the html code, you can see the width and height lost.

pls help verify again.

• Hi China NMO,

Thanks for your follow-up question! I ran some tests and confirmed that the width and height do not show when you inspect element. But when you hover over the iframe embed code in the console window, the width and height will show as it is dynamically adjusted based on the current browser size.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

ChinaNMO
    Community Member

you're right.

and that's seperate thing.

the youtube iframe can display the dimensions, just cuz youtube embed page did some logic.

but,

which does not affect the fact that yourside still eat the parameters of iframe width and height when we set.

if we use other video platform's embedded url, then this eatting behavior will be a problem.

and pls check with your engineer team, why the iframe parameter disappear.

tks

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello China NMO,

I opened a support case on your behalf to get you in touch with our support team. They'll be able to help verify if it is expected behavior for the width and height attributes of embedded content to be overridden by Rise 360's Responsive Player. You're in good hands, and someone from our team will be reaching out shortly via email to share additional information!

ChinaNMO
    Community Member

hi.

i’m not sure we can still get back this mail account, but any update from your side about this issue?

tks,

• Hi China, 

No worries! Thanks for letting us know. What is a good email address for you? I'll update your case so you can receive emails from us.

Looking forward to hearing from you!