Forum Discussion

BenediktJankows
Community Member
2 months ago

Import translated Xliff in duplicated course does not work

Hello,

so we are working on a rise project which needs to be translated into 18 different languages. I export the Xliff files and translate them via Language Weaver, as there is our company's terminology included. 

With "Labels" I do not have any problems even without dupicating the course. However, when trying the same thing with the content, the translation happens and is even shown to me in Language Weaver but when importing it to the duplicated course it says ".

XLIFF translation file doesn't match the course

XLIFF translation files can only be imported to the same course they originated from. The files are unique to each piece of content.

Even though it tells me to do that in the description. 

Could anyone help me how I can translate the content of the course correctly? Or is this a bug happening?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Benedikt,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with translating your course. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you've duplicated your course correctly, as stated here, but you're getting an error message saying that the course doesn't match the translation file. This usually happens when changes were made to the duplicated course after exporting the XLIFF file, including adding or removing blocks/lessons. Can you please confirm if that's the case?

If not, we'd be happy to investigate this issue further. Would you be willing to open a support case and share the duplicate course and the translated XLIFF file with us? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you and send you instructions on sharing your Rise course.