Forum Discussion

FrazerGregory-b
Community Member
6 months ago

Lack of consistency when working with and reviewing fonts in Rise - Why?

Hello everyone
Firstly I acknowledge that this topic may well have been raised before but I could do with some up to date support on this issue please.
I am developing a project in Rise and have chosen Lato as my font of for both headings and body text. When I preview my work all is well. When I send it along to Review and I look at it, all is well. When I share the link with my SME the font is replaced with what looks like Times New Roman.
Why?
Thanks for any support on this one.
Frazer

KarlMuller
    Community Member

When you use the Share link, does the font change for every person every time in every browser, or does it happen only to this one SME?

• Hello
    Our organisation uses Edge and Chrome. I will have a look into that though. Thanks.

Tim_
    Community Member

i"ve noticed it too, for quite some time. Only noticed it happening when using Review, Chrome/Edge on Windows. When the course is published, the font is correct. It's noticable because when putting in review notes a screen grab shows the page using Times font, no matter what font is selected in the theme.

• Hi Tim!

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue!

Our development team is tracking a known bug that causes feedback screenshots to show a different font for Rise 360 courses. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will provide updates as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

FrazerGregory-b
        Community Member

That is a weird happening eh?
        So when you take a screenshot it changes the font in that screenshot.
        Blimey magic really is a thing.

• I started off with Calibri as my font and went through the conversion process to turn it into a WOFF file, That showed up in my SME's Review as changed to TNR. I thought because it was a custom font that might be the reason so I opted for one included in Rise (Lato).
    I'll start to lose confidence in Rise if I can't trust it to act accordingly.

• Do I have to contact Articulate directly about this or can someone on the forum get this in front of staff to look into?