Forum Discussion

BeckyLiu-Katz
Community Member
3 months ago

Layer keeps showing - only want it visible once

Hello!

I'm brand new to this all, and I am designing a matching game within a big course, and the game is 99% done. I just have one snag: 

When a match is correct, I made a trigger to show a layer with an explanation. (Show layer Match 1 Correct when timeline ends on this layer if match1=true).

I did this for all 6 matches, and it works if people get the matches correct and nothing else.

However, if people have guessed a correct match and then guess an incorrect after (ex. Match 1 is correct, then they click 2 random, non-matching cards) the Match 1 correct layer still pops up. 

What trigger can I add to make sure the explanation layers only appear once, when the actual match is picked? I've been messing around with /when cards are disabled, hide layer/ but that does nothing. 

Ideas? Thank you!!

• You can continue to use this trigger:

if you want, but you need to create a copy for each of the six LayerMatchXCorrectShown.

Probably it would be easier to use Nedim's trigger:

You need it only once, on the base.

Then on the base, delete this trigger:

, because it is causing the trouble. Check Match changes visited first, so Balloons is shown before the Correct layer is shown.

Put this trigger:

, where Button is the Continue Button, on each Correct layer. After all, that is when you want to show the Balloons, after the learner sees and reads the Correct layer, and pushes its Continue Button.

• This is why this forum is called e-learning heroes! It works!

Thank you so much to both of you - Walt and Nedim. I am brand new to Articulate software and to ID after spending years as an elementary school teacher. I'm currently building a portfolio and am so grateful to people like you who can help me do something I've never done before. 

Thank you, thank you!