Forum Discussion

TamarChobany378
Community Member
8 months ago

Learner must visit minimum number of slides before progressing

I need help with Sotryline 360. I have a slider and want to make it so the user must visit a 3 out of 8 marks on the slider before they can proceed with the course. It does not have to be 3 consecutive, but any 3 points. I created variables for it and set the value equal to 3, but it is still not working. Hoping to get some guidance on this.

• Hi Tamar, you will need a separate variable, for example "counter" that you increment by 1 each time the slider value changes. You can do this by adding a trigger to add 1 to "counter" when variable changes (name of your slider variable). Then, when "counter" is equal to or greater than three, enable the Next/Continue button.

• Be careful how you implement this. If you increment the counter, the learner can visit one slide three times and advance. Why would they do that? Who knows, but they will.

Check the sample for a method to avoid that. If you don't want the slider to return to the menu position, delete the trigger that resets its variable, and it will return to the menu slide at its previous position.