Forum Discussion

L3
Community Member
2 months ago

Locking questions in a question bank vs. locking questions in a slide draw?

Question banks and slide draws have some similar options like locking and moving. Why is this and which overrules the other?

L3
    Community Member

Yes, but, for example, locking can be set both in question banks and slide draws.

In my experiments it seems that locking to the top in a question bank is overruled by locking to the top in a slide draw.
    So what is the function of locking to the top in a question bank if it is inevitably overruled?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

I'm not an Articulate employee, so I can't say for sure what the reasons are for any of their interface or programming decisions. 

Based on your description of how the slide-draw locking overrules the question-bank locking, here's my best guess to answer your question:

• If the same QB will be used in multiple slide draws, locking a question to the top of the question bank (QB) would allow for setting that question's position just once. In other words, set it there, and don't set any lock in the slide draw.
      • Allowing that "lock" to be overruled by a different setting in the slide draw would mean that the developer could lock one question for most of the slide draws, but lock a different question in a specific slide draw.

Frankly, I've never needed to lock questions in a QB. In fact, I rarely use QBs. So, as I said, that's just an answer that seems plausible after giving it some thought.

L3
    Community Member

Yes, I tried that too - I'm going to get in touch with support directly and see if they know. thanks