Forum Discussion

AshlynRoberto-c
Community Member
7 months ago

Making A Rectangle Disappear

Hi all! My goal: when the slide changes to the next one, the user sees four rectangles. The user has to click each rectangle to make it disappear revealing the information behind it. I can't for the life of me figure out the triggers to do this or the states??? Please talk to me like I am a five year old and include pictures if possible!

• If the content is in a separate object behind the rectangle, add a trigger to the rectangle that changes its own state to Hidden when the user clicks it. 

• Note: Do not add a Hidden state to the rectangle. The program knows how to hide something. If you add a state with that name, you'll confuse it.  😆

If the content is in another state of the same object, you could add a trigger that changes the rectangle to that state when the user clicks it.

An even simpler method would be to put the content in a Visited state of the rectangle. Then it will automatically change to that state when clicked--without any triggers. (The built-in states come with some built-in functions.) 

JHauglie
    Community Member

When your learner "clicks here," then you have a trigger that hides the object (in this case, a rectangle) to reveal whatever is below it.

Use the attached file as a starting point, perhaps. Good luck.

And use Judy's guidance first! :D

• If you want the content to continue to be visible, follow Judy's suggestion and use the Visited state. Or, you can use the Selected state. That will reveal the content when clicked, and hide it when clicked again.