Forum Discussion

NielsVollrath-5
Community Member
7 months ago

Media Loop stops after the second time

Hey, I have encountered a problem. I am trying to loop a video with the trigger to start media when the same media completes. That worked in the past, no problem. 

Now I used a new clip and all of a sudden it only repeats the clip once and then no more. I tried to adjust the timeline to anything form 1s to 1 minute. Nothing seems to make a difference. 

Any idea what is wrong? I used Storyline 64bit. 

• Hello everyone! 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Videos didn’t loop when designed to do so

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• Interesting issue.  We recently noticed the same thing. I just asked and discovered that this is a known and new issue since the last update and should be back to functioning soon.  If you are in a time crunch, you could revert to Update 84, and you should be golden.

NielsVollrath-5
      Community Member

Thanks Ron, not a huge hurry, I should be able to wait a couple of months or so. 

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Niels!

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue! Thanks for sharing your file!

As Ron shared, our development team has this behavior logged as a software bug in Storyline 360 version 3.85.31840.0. Testing your file, I was able to reproduce the same issue. Not to worry! I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will provide updates as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest:

Or

1. Add 2 layers and place a copy of the video on each.
        2. On the base layer, add a trigger to show Layer1 when timeline starts on this slide.
        3. On Layer1, add a trigger to show Layer2 when media completes.
        4. On Layer2, add a trigger to show Layer1 when media completes.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello all,

I now have this problem too. The issue came up in a project so I created a new file using a different video but problem still persists.

Videos used were an mp4 created in Camtasia and the other is from the Content Library 360.

Video settings: Show video in slide; Play video automatically; Video controls show none; Compression automatic.

Trigger: Action: Play media; Media: Video 1; When: When the media completes; Media: Video 1. No conditions. 

Using Storyline 360 x64, v3.90.32893.0

I'm using the layer workaround which is easy enough to implement and works. Not a big deal for us, but the issue seems to have made its way back in.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hi Chris!

Thank you for reaching out! We have this issue logged as a regression in Update 90 where the trigger to loop a video only works once. This is actually a bug we are currently working on, so we should ship the fix in an upcoming update. We can update you in this discussion when it does ship!

• Hello everyone! 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 91, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed:

• Videos didn’t loop when designed to do so

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

• So glad to hear Update 91 resolved things on your end!

Have a great start to your day, Chris!