Forum Discussion

IanYorkston
Community Member
3 years ago

Multiple Response review question - display correct responses

I am reconstructing an e-learning that was originally created in a legacy software that will not be supported in the future, using Storyline 3. Along the way, there are a few review questions where the learner selects multiple statements from a list to check their progress. After a couple of tries, if the learner has not been successful, I want to move from "try again" mode to "incorrect" mode. However, instead of providing feedback along the lines of "sorry, bud you're not a very good student", I want to actually display all the answers with a check mark against all the correct answers.

It occurs to me that if I knew the internal variables inherent in the "Submit interaction" action I could keep track of which answers were correct even though "shuffle answers" is on.  

Can anyone see a way to proceed?

• Hello Ian!

I'm happy to help! The internal variables for the Submit Interaction icon aren't visible in Storyline, so you'll want to add additional variables to achieve what you're looking to do.

I've recorded a 3-minute Peek to explain one way I think you can achieve what you're looking to do. Please take a look and let me know if that method will do the trick.

Also, feel free to attach your .story file to this discussion or upload it privately in a support case.