Forum Discussion

DawnHaas-3a9f2f
Community Member
8 months ago

My Replay button is not working

I have a replay button on my slides, but it's not working. When I click it, it does nothing. It also doesn't work for me to press Play and replay the slide that way. The only way for me to replay is to drag the timeline to earlier, then press play. How do I fix this? Is there a way to remove the replay button and still have the play bar?

• Hey Dawn

Your Slide Properties may be impacting this.  If your slides are set to Resume or if they are interactive slides and set to Automatically Decide, then the Replay Button will not replay the slide.

AdeleCarson
    Community Member

Having this same issue. My slide is set to "Reset to initial state" and I am still having the issue on certain slides. Manually dragging the seekbar and pressing play does work. I wish there was a way to remove only the replay button.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Adele!

Sorry to hear your Replay button is not functioning as intended!

It sounds like your slide properties have been set correctly, but it would be helpful to have a closer look at your .story file and test the behavior on our end. Would you be comfortable sharing a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

Also, I have seen other users hide only the replay button by using Javascript.

jasonrector
    Community Member

Hopping on this thread.

When creating a small course with the original settings (resume saved state) the replay button works fine. With my larger course, the replay button fails when pressed, resulting in this error in the console.

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause(). 

Setting all the slides to "Resume inital state" does provide mitigation to this, but unless the user completes it in one session, will this not cause the user to go back to the beginning of the course? Is there a fix being worked on for this?