Forum Discussion

GennyCarlos
Community Member
2 years ago

Need Entire Course to End After Quiz

Hello,

I am creating a test which includes about 25 separate quizzes for different departments depending on what department the employee is in. The idea is that the employee will go in, choose their department (using button stacks) which then leads them to their appropriate quiz. Once their one quiz is complete, I would like for the course to finish for them, rather then trying to take them to the next section (a quiz for a different department which would not apply to them).

Does anyone know if it is possible? It would be great if there were a Course Completion or Exit Block that would trigger the course to complete/finish/exit once the quiz is complete.

Any ideas/thoughts/solutions would be super helpful.

Thanks all

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Matt,
      Thanks for the additional information. The exit course button will only work when tested on an LMS, so its expected behavior for it to not work while previewing.

You can test this button and your course in SCORM Cloud to see how it behaves in an actual LMS environment. Let me know how it goes!

MattGesualdi-77
        Community Member

Hello Jose,

I'm sorry for the late response, what a couple weeks! We published the course and voila, the exit button appears. 
        Thanks so much for your help. 

Matt

• Thank you Jose for responding. I've attached two screenshots. I hope the one of the lessons is what you want. There are six multiple choice questions in it. 
    The issue isn't in publishing, just in the preview. I'm assuming that if the preview won't work, it won't work after being published either. 

Thanks,

Matt

• Hello, I'm having the same issue, but your fix isn't working for me. I've set the passing score at 60%, yes it's low, but only a 100% score will get the button to go to my Exit course. 
    Any advice? Thanks

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the additional details. I'd like to ask for the following screenshots to help us understand what's happening in your course:

• Your quiz settings, similar to this one:

• The contents of the Exit lesson
      • The publishing settings you're using for your quiz

Alternatively, you can open a case with our support team here to share a full copy of your course with us. We'll test it to see why only a 100% score moves the learner to the Exit course lesson. It may have something to do with the "Require Passing Score To Continue" being enabled in your quiz settings, but we'll know more when we see how your course is constructed.

• Hello Genny! Thanks for reaching out.

There is a way to complete or finish a course after a particular quiz has been taken. I created a sample Rise course with three different quizzes. By adding an additional lesson after each quiz, you can redirect users to exit the course using a Button block.

Here's the sample Rise course I created (in Scorm Cloud) for reference.

Let me know if you have questions.