Forum Discussion

francoismarais
Community Member
28 days ago

open a local eLearning

Hello

I have eLearning locally on my PC and from this eLearning I would like to open another course also locally on my PC. how to do it knowing that if I make a trigger that points to the .story of this course, I only have a black page that opens 

thanks in advance

Francis
    JHauglie
    Community Member

What you are describing is not a typical use case. Normally, an e-learning course would be enabled with links to open static files (*.pdf, for example) or web pages. Pointing a course to open another *.story file would most likely give the result you are seeing (a blank screen), since other users would not always have the Articulate software required to open the file.

If you really want to have the user open and launch a second e-learning course from the first one, you will probably have to publish one or both of them to a SharePoint site. You could also (I think) launch a Rise course hosted on a web site from a link in a Storyline course, but like I said, this is not typical.

• yes, I know, it's not typical and yet, it's a need. Why? We have developed a big course in ergonomics and human factors and some users want to use this course while being offline without being dependent on an internet connection. it may seem strange from afar, but sometimes, it turns out that some places are either poorly served by network, or the network is jammed or blocked or ... weak (yes yes it still exists) and so we have a local version but this version points to 5 other small EAOs and files. for the files, ok it works, but the EAOs no. is it possible to do it using Java Script scripts?