Forum Discussion

LizTyler-99fc0a
Community Member
3 years ago

Overriding a stop button trigger/function

I've recently designed a course/scene using Storyline that has a stop and start button that are triggered by 'pause media' and 'play media' triggers on a video. I've also added a replay button that works from a trigger to go back to 0 seconds. They all work fine. However, I want to be able to have the user press stop and then immediately choose replay but when I test that the replay button isn't working. Does anyone know how I can override the stop button trigger with the replay button? 

Thank you

MichaelHinze
    Community Member

You could try using Pause/Resume timeline triggers on the pause/play buttons. And on the replay button add a trigger after the jump to 0 trigger to play media.

• Hi and thank you. I tried it and it didn't work at first. The key seems to be positioning the 'play media' trigger above the 'jump to' trigger in the triggers list. It works fine now. Thank again Michael.

• So glad to hear Michael could assist you, Liz! 

Please feel free to reach out in our E-Learning Heroes Community in the future to share new development findings and any questions that may come up along the way!

Have a nice day!