Forum Discussion

KariRobideau
Community Member
12 years ago

Play Audio after all slide layers have been visited

I would like a "summarizing" audio piece to play after all of the slide layers have been visited.  How do I do this?

• Hi Bruce,

I have challenges with this. What about if I am using hotspots in the base layer to move to the other layers and once all layers are visited, the base layer will prompt the summary audio. How can u make this work?

LilyWinter
    Community Member

Hi Lauren, 

Do you have any videos that walk through this process? I have read all three articles but am still struggling getting my final audio clip to play (without overlapping) once a user clicks into multiple layers. 

Thank you!

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Lily,

I'm happy to jump in here! We have Storyline 360 tutorial videos that you might find helpful. 

I'd also be happy to look at your Storyline project file if you need additional help with the triggers and variables to fix the overlapping audio. You can upload it here as an attachment or privately through a support case. We'll delete it when we're done!

LilyWinter
      Community Member

I stumbled upon this thread two years later when I was confronted with the same challenge. 

My goal was for audio to play on a "main slide" after a user clicked on four objects that lead them to four other slides respectively, and then returned back to the "main slide".  Users can decide the order in which they click on the four objects. 

Phil, from Articulate Support, helped me out by building the attached slide deck using number variables. 

I was struggling using "true/false" variables - numbers are much more efficient in this case. 

I hope other folks find this helpful, or future me will when she runs into the same issue in another two years :)

Nedim
    Community Member

This approach could potentially cause the audio to play before all the buttons are clicked, as the SlidesVisited variable increases by 1 whenever any slide is visited. For example, if the first button is clicked twice visiting the first slide before all buttons are clicked, the audio will play as soon as SlidesVisited reaches 4, even if not all buttons have been clicked yet. A more efficient approach would be to create individual variables like Slide1Visited, Slide2Visited, etc., each set to False initially and changing to True when the respective slide is visited. Then, play the audio when the timeline starts, but only if all the variables are True