Forum Discussion

LaurenAckley-74
Community Member
3 months ago

Player Buttons and Menu not working on Feedback layer

Hello - I'm building out a course using my client's template. I'm encountering a problem in which the built-in previous and next buttons, as well as the menu, become unclickable as soon as the feedback layer of a freeform assessment is opened. I'm not experiencing this behavior on other slides or layers, just on feedback layers.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks!

• Hello, i have the same issue with contol buttons and timeline been inactive sometimes, in my video all the layers are set to dialog, i have only buttons which have the triggers to jump to cue points if they were clicked. also i have a little trick to make the timeline stop when the video is clicked (to sync the video and timeline stopping), but i checked the preview without this stuff, and the issue is still here. i had the bug earlier with buttons, when the wrong button appears after the choice (i solved it by setting the true/false variable, which shows the layers only if the state of variable is false)

here are the screenshots with the trick i described to sync the timeline and video stopping, the triggers i have on layers and the base video and inactive buttons in preview mode.

thank you in advance.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue where the control buttons and timeline are sometimes inactive. Does this issue occur consistently and while on the same slide each time? When your layers are set to dialog, this will make it so learners can't interact with anything else in your course, including the modern player controls, while the layer is open.

If you're willing to share a copy of your course, I'd be happy to take a closer look at what's going on! You can upload it here or privately in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.