Forum Discussion

MarianneSeid410
Community Member
3 months ago

Preventing unwanted triggers in question slides

Storyline 360 is adding "when the timeline ends" slide layer triggers to question feedback layers. These triggers sometimes reappear after I have manually deleted them, but I haven't found a setting that would cause this.  It happens both on basic questions and freeform questions. How do I set up the questions to avoid this?

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Marianne, Ive never seen this behaviour before, and just tried creating a Graded Question (Multiple CHoice) from scratch on the latest SL build to see if I could replicate your issue.

However I could not. That trigger is not there for me.

You specified the "feedback" layer, so Im guessing you either mean the Correct/Incorrect layers or the custom "Feedback" layer that shows in Review Quiz functionality.

Either way though, those "hide layer on timeline end" triggers werent created.

Therefore, Im wondering if they are being brought in to your build if you perhaps copy/paste your questions / layers from elsewhere.

I might also think to check the Master slide(s) / Feedback master slide(s) because you might find it exists there. This would explain why even when you delete them, they reappear.

• Thanks, Andrew! I am seeing the triggers on the Correct and Try again layers. These triggers do not appear on the feedback masters or on the slide masters.

We are using custom feedback masters, not the default masters. 

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Yeah, I thought maybe it was custom feedback slides.

I'm thinking that the problem lies in these custom slides somehow.

A good test might be to return to using the standard Feedback Master and see if the problem.persists.

Sorry I can't be more definite, but this is just one of those developer hunches :)

• I have the same issue. Plus, I can remove the triggers, then save the project. The next day they are back. I did the most recent update, no help. 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Leslie!

Thank you for reaching out. Have you had any success when adding new question slides?

If you can share your .story file, that would be helpful too! You can share it in this discussion or privately in a support case.