Forum Discussion

AprilDrennan-f8
Community Member
2 months ago

problem with accordion and adding audio

Hi. I have a project with an accordion in it that I got from a template. It works great until I try to add text-to-speech audio. Then everything on the layers goes out of whack. Can someone give me some advice on how to put text to speech on this slide without it messing up the animations and the content? Thanks!

AprilDrennan-f8
      Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I will look at the tutorial and see how I do. Thanks again!

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi April,

The original creator of this template has used PAUSES onthe timeline inside each layer. This creates the entrance and exit animation slide effect (looks great btw!)

Unfortunately this means your audio will start and stop also. Not good.

To get round it, just create 4 new layers, just to hold your audio - one piece of audio in each layer. Then trigger these to show WHEN THE TIMELINE REACHES 0.75s (ie. the same as the existing pause trigger already in the layer)

I went ahead and made a quick example for you using the first two layers...

Hope it helps! :)

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Oh for goodness sake! It happened again. Tom is always too quick and has obviously answered this at the same time I was was working on the build and typing my reply! XD

Sorry for the double answer!

(...Tom's still the fastest draw in the West)

• LOL....Andrew's tip is a good way not have to adjust the layer that comes with the template.