Forum Discussion

francoismarais
Community Member
2 years ago

Problem with color palette

Good morning

I have problems since the last update with the color palette.

if I select an object and I open the color palette from the format menu, I can select a color, the object immediately changes color but as soon as my cursor leaves the palette, we return to the previous color. Am I the only one having this problem?

THANKS
    IrisSchlabitz
    Community Member

I absolutely agree. This should be an urgent update to SL.

I remember when the new color palette was introduced, this bug came along. I then reported the bug and it got fixed with the next update. However, the bug was re-introduced with the February 21 update (Build 3.73.29831.0) I believe. 

I guess since it was working before, it should not be a problem to fix this?

Mike_Marcos
      Staff

Hello Francois, Nina and Iris! 

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the issues described in this thread sounds strikingly similar to a color palette issue we have investigated. I also want to share that we are going to address in the next release of Storyline 360 (Update 74). 

I'll circle back here early next week around Tuesday to give a status update.   

• Hello Michel

Thanks a lot
    I think we are all looking forward to this fix

have a nice week end

Francois
      Mike_Marcos
      Staff

Hello Francois, Nina and Iris! 

Circling back here as promised last week. We just released an update to Storyline (Update 74) 
      The complete release notes can be found here.

Fixed: Shapes didn't always inherit the new theme color choice.

Please let me know if you continue experiencing the problem after updating and one of our support agents will reach out to you via email.

IrisSchlabitz
    Community Member

Hi Michael, that is great news, I already tested it and it seems to work fine now! I hope it stays this way ;-)

Best regards,

Iris

• merci Micheal

merci a l'équipe car cela devenait compliqué.

et merci pour la nouvelle version qui intégre enfin la possibilité de mettre un fond sonore en continu. Je l'espérais beaucoup

francois

• Ma dernière attente, c'est un nouveau panneau qui permettent de modifier les caractéristiques d'un objet (couleur de fond, de contour, style contour,...) sans jouer avec des onglets. c'est pas pratique alors que l'on peut tout mettre sur une seule fenetre

un peu comme sur l'exemple en PJ

François

• Mine was doing that, but I found for some reason a single click only shows a 'sample' of the color, if you double click the color in the palette, it 'sticks'.

Hope that helps!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Wendy!

So glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing the feedback and steps you took to find a workaround for your color palettes! I'm sure other users coming across this thread will find it very helpful!

Thanks for reaching out!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Mike!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

Since the issue being discussed in this thread was resolved in a previous update of Storyline 360, it would be helpful to have a closer look at your .story file for testing. Or a screen recording of the behavior as you are experiencing it on your end. Feel free to upload those files here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

We'll delete them from our system as soon as troubleshooting is complete!

MikeHughes-f94f
        Community Member

Hi

As I mentioned below I’m having issue sampling colours which is a feature I use often.

I have tried numerous files with the same result. Please see attached video file of the issue.

Thanks